Friday, March 14, 2008

Druid Speccing

One of the great travesty of justice that I've encountered in my re-roll is that Blood Elves cannot be Druids... That's just ridiculous. So, I could either roll a Night Elf (who looks a little like a Blood Elf), and die in balls of Ally hellfire, or stay Horde, and roll a Tauren ...

In the end, I rolled a Tauren, promised myself to stay in Bear/Cat/anything besides caster form, and pretend I'm a Blood Elf...

Anyway, for a pretty good guide on Feral Druids, I like Big Bear Butt. His write-up on specs can be found here. It's a bit abbreviated (I would have liked a discussion on why those particular talents were picked, but I guess most are fairly obvious) but it's still a good start.

So, using the base 40 Feral Talents and the 11 Resto Talents, which are the remaining 10 to choose?

Basically, the intention is mainly solo grinding, but to step in to tank for my friends when needed (our tanks have a tendency of respeccing out of tanking). So, that makes it a bit easy to pick.

Shredding Attacks

Shred is supposed to be part of the stun and shred DPS moves and Lacerate is a major part of tanking, so this talent can't be wrong.

Savage Fury

Nice boost to the staples of Cat DPS.

Intensity

While the mana re-gen does not come into play so much, the instant rage from Enrage can be a life saver. It is important to note that it is not always a good idea to pop Enrage, but this talent makes it a panic button for some instant rage to get out of some sticky spots while tanking.

There's not much of great interest in the Restoration tree with the last three points, so it's either Balance or Feral. Nature's Grasp is a decent PvP talent (& PvP is an option now for 'welfare epics'), but I feel the following will be more useful, as it comes into play in PvE as well.

Primal Tenacity

While it's not huge, every bit of defense against Stuns and Fears help! Damn the stun-lock Rogues & Fear-bombing Locks... (Wait... Tat's me on both counts...)

So, the spread looks like this. Nothing revoluntionary, but it should work.

No comments: