Monday, March 17, 2008

Mix & Match

Disclaimer: No... I don't have Frostmourne (although I wouldn't mind having one). Neither do any of my characters. But since the replica was just announced, and I'm talking about weapons, it sort of fits...

Almost everyone (well, except for Sheanne... She's not quite there yet at lvl 15) managed to hop onto a 'Guided Tour' of an instance over the weekend with everyone sporting some blue or another.

It's also when I hit a little snag in terms of item selection... Elainith now has three blue weapons at her disposal. Firstly, is Dawnblade, from a Ghostlands quest. Then, last night in SFK, she picked up Butcher's Slicer, and Meteor Shard.

First, I considered Meteor Shard in the main hand and Dawnblade in the off-hand, with Butcher's Slicer too slow in the OH, but Meteor Shard seems too fast for the main hand. Butcher's Slicer seems most suited for main hand usage (even if it means the loss of some of those sneaky stab in the back moves). Since their speed is similar but Meteor Shard has a higher DPS, that gave it the edge over Dawnblade for the off-hand. I'll work with this combo for awhile, I suppose.

But the nice thing is that I don't really need Wingblade so Elainith can give Wailing Caverns a miss.

One other thing concerns professions.

Elainith is currently a Skinning/Leatherworker who will drop the Skinning for Blacksmithing. Kellarn (the pally) is to drop Mining from the Mining/Engineering combo for Jewelcrafting.

However, the new patterns in the Shattered Suns Offensive previewed have some nice BOP blacksmithing plate. Also, it looks like Kell would be better able to use more of the BOP gear as compared to Elainith. There are also BOP trinkets that aid stealth which are more useful to the Rogue. So, I've decided that after dropping Skinning (soon), Elainith will take up Jewelcrafter. Similarly, Kell will take up Blacksmithing when she drops Mining.

No comments: